If you haven't noticed, I started a whole new category on my blog, I call "Bucket List adventures".
Many of my readers think that this blog is just about outdoor activities and adventures. In reality, the main idea behind this blog is to show people that if you really want to try something, no matter how hard, "extreme", impossible it might be, if you make it your goal, you WILL achieve it.
And this blog is living proof. Just look at my 2010 Bucket List. This year was tough for many of us, and I'm not an exception. Though, I didn't come even close to achieving all of my goals, I can cross off my list a few of them :
I tried whitewater kayaking and parasailing, went surfing at Westport. I haven't tried kitesurfing/boarding, but at least bought all the gear for the next summer. I haven't tried all the activities I planned, but "discovered" for myself a few new ones like longboarding and mountain boarding, sea kayaking, ice climbing, and windsurfing.
Traveling remains one of my biggest dreams. Which of us haven't dreamt about traveling around the world ? I try to keep it more realistic, and hope to travel more at least around our state and US.
Here I'd like to quote Donald Trump who says : " If you are going to think, you might as well think BIG ".
So, for 2011, on top of the goals and dreams that I had for this year, I THINK/PLAN TO :
- get into backcountry ( skiing/snowboarding/snowshoeing)
- ski/snowboard all ( or as many as possible ) Washington ski areas
- cross country skiing at Rainier ( hut-to-hut )
- learn how to ride a motorcycle ( and hope to buy one )
- if the previous fails, at least try ATVing
- take a mountaineering class (and climb major Washington peaks )
- get my next scuba diving certificate ( Rescue Diver )
- "try" paragliding ( basic "land class" )
- go on a sea kayaking camping trip ( hopefully in San Juan Islands )
- always wanted to try sailing ( and sail around...something )
- debating on this : hike Wonderland Trail or Grand Canyon ?
- make my first static line skydiving jump
Again, this is just a short list.
My BIGGEST DREAM/GOAL/PLAN is to introduce "regular folks " to activities that have been labeled as "extreme", and show them that you don't have to be a daredevil in great fitness shape to have unforgettable experiences and tons of fun !
Labels: Bucket List adventures